A glimpse into the love, lives and laughter that make my world go 'round!











Monday, August 30, 2010

My Mismatched Missy


Who'da thunk it?! A pair of mismatched socks are currently the prized item in Abby's wardrobe right now. It's almost too bizarre to wrap my head around, to be honest. When I saw these funkadelic lovelies in the shop I instantly fell in love with them, but almost passed on the purchase because my girl is soooo particular about certain aspects of clothing......matching, in particular.

More times than I can even stomach, I have gone through Abby's closet and drawers only to find clothes that she "loved so much" when we're in the store, but got no love once we got them home. It. Makes. Me. FURIOUS. My money tree hasn't been producing at the rate it was, so when I see spent money NOT going to use? Yeah, it kinda chaps my arss. I held my breath when I pulled them out of the bag, and to my surprise she LOVED them!

The "Terrific Trio" each wore a pair of crazy socks to school on Friday...


On Saturday we washed them and she wore them to a friend's birthday party...


She ended up spending the night with her friend after the party. And to my suprise, when we met up with them Sunday morning at church she had them on AGAIN! LOL (a picture from Saturday, but too cute not to post)


I couldn't be happier that she's so in love with the socks....but starting to think that we might need to invest in a few more pairs? Hey, at least he's not into tube tops and tramp-stamps at the age of eight, right!?! Things could always be a whole lot worse. HAHAHAHA!!


*****

4 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Cute! It's true. I'd take the socks over low rise jeans and a tramp stamp any day.

Off to find those socks in my size...

Jennifer said...

Adorable pics... and Oh God, the 80's ARE back aren't they?

Jill said...

Love the socks, so adorable! Your daughter is beautiful! Have a great week!
Blessings,
Jill

Truthful Mommy said...

ADorable! My Bella would adore these but she goes to Catholic school and I don't think hey would go for it with the uniform:)LOL I'm sure Bella would adore them though. The pics are absolutely adorable!Happy Mothering, my friend!
Also. Just wanted to stop by and let you know that I posted my first of a month long of Be a Better me challenges today, hope you can stop by and link up!
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/2010/09/be-better-me-you-challenge-day-1out.html