A glimpse into the love, lives and laughter that make my world go 'round!











Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I'd Like To Thank The Academy...


Today I got my VERY FIRST BLOGGY AWARD! Woo Hoo!

My friend over at Ethically Ambiguous
hooked me up a wonderful compliment AND this cute little piece of
blog art to hang on my "wall". Thanks EA!!

Here are the Rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who gave it to you.

2. Share SEVEN things about yourself.

3. Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you recently discovered, and who you think are totally awesome.

4. Contact the bloggers and let them know that they have won.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soooooo here goes!

1. A huge thanks, again, to Ethnically Ambiguous for sending this awesome award my way! Be sure and check her blog out - you'll be glad that you did!

2. Hmmm.... seven things about me.....

** I ~heart~ reality TV. Seriously. It amuses me to watch drama and chaos unfold on the tube. Real life (even if it's somewhat scripted life) can be extremely entertaining.

** I am the oldest of 7 kids. Three brothers and three sisters.

** I talk tough, but I really do love my children, adore my husband, and wish that I were better at keeping a spotless house. Actually, the last statement was a blatant LIE - housekeeping makes you ugly.

** I am grateful for the multiple moves that my family made during my growing-up years. I feel like it taught me to make friends, and how to be a good friend to others. If you don't agree, it's because you aren't nice and your shoes are ugly.

** One of my very best friends of ALL TIME was my mother-in-law, Beverly. She passed away suddenly in 2001, but still visits me in my dreams. I would give almost anything for a biiiiiiig hug from her and to know what she thinks about the mother that I've become. THAT's the kind of MIL that I aspire to be.

** Until just a few months ago, my husband of 17 years wasn't even aware that I played/play piano. :) I took lessons for years, and loved to sit, sing, and play. Since marrying, it just wasn't something that I had considered doing, until the idea of looking for a a piano came up recently.

3. Oh, the love that I have for these bloggy divas....

Chaos Wrapped in Chocolate-Covered Grins - Not only is she my favoritest cousin in the whole wide world, she is clever, crafty, and a BRILLIANT blogger. A "must follow" - if you aren't already doing so. Go check her out.

C.Mom - First, she is a ROCK STAR cancer survivor. Second, she has a great sense of humor, and appreciates the value of a good bottle of wine.

Kingdom First Homeschool - If you are searching for fun, crafty ideas of things to do with your kiddos....she's your girl! I would LOVE to see her stash of craft supplies - I bet she has glitter in every shade imaginable.

Momma Made It Look Easy - Her writings and excerpts on moxie are awesome! She taps into the ornery, sassy, stand-up-and-fight feelings that lie within each of us. I always knew that I had moxie...I just didn't know that there was an alluring term for it.

The Scholastic Scribe - Her photos capture a story or moment all by themselves.

Shallow Coffee - We share the same feelings on how to approach filling in the blanks on a drivers license renewal. There's always wiggle room in there somewhere, right?

The Gruneisen Family - Food, books, stories about her daughter....AND she shares my love for reality TV. The trashier and more ridiculous the better, in my opinion! BTW, have you checked out "You're Cut Off?"...in-san-i-ty.

The Churchill Family - The photography skillz this lady has are mind-boggling, and she's she's fun to follow, to boot!

The Ninja Blogger - WOW! This blog CRACKS ME UP! If there is something to be said, the Ninja doesn't mince words, she just puts it out there. Why put up facades or false pretenses? She gets props for cojones and entertainment factor. Love it!

Paisley Passions - This is one crafty lady! She can take something random that I would totally not pay a single ounce of attention to, and *POOF* create magic.


8 comments:

Shallow Coffee said...

thank you!!! after all, we are tall on the inside!

cooperl788 said...

Thank you so much for the awesome shoutout, and for the award! I absolutely LOVE You're Cut Off! I love the idea of denying daddy's princess of the credit card - VH1 definitely has come up with some quality reality lately.

L Simonson said...

WOW! Thanks SO much for the award! It was so much fun to read 7 things about you :) It is always an honor to be given an award. I will have to blog about this later this week! Thanks again!!!

The Ninja said...

Thanks so much!! I love accepting awards Ninja style!!

Big Fat Gini said...

Well crap. If I'd known housework makes you ugly, I would have stopped fracking doing it a looong time ago. Finally, an answer to what's wrong with me!

Melissa B. said...

Thanks mucho! I will cherish this always...

Kristina Churchill said...

Thanks for the award and so fun to read about you and the others! Have a wonderful day!

-kristina-

http://katynikitachurchill.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-won-award.html

Jennifer said...

I'm with you about the MIL. I was rocking Bud this week and holding back tears. He was sick and I had to work and I just NEEDED her. She would have done anything for us. Sometimes the loss is just so heavy.

And thank you for the award. I appreciate it.