A glimpse into the love, lives and laughter that make my world go 'round!











Monday, November 1, 2010

Chasing the Little White Ball


Today Conner participated in his first high school golf tournament.


We've been anticipating this day for months, so it was a little hard to turn off the excitement and anticipation in order to fall asleep lastnight. Plus, I've been [somewhat] trying to mentally plan out this day for about a week now....if I should do to work afterwards, what time to head to the course, what I should wear, etc., so all of those thoughts were whirling around in my mind, too. Big decisions for a proud momma.


Conner hit some really great shots! He hit a 240-yard drive off of the tee box that was perfectly straight. Incredible!! On a par 3, he 7-ironed the ball onto the edge of the green from off of the tee box. W-O-W! There were several other really great hits that he made, but those were just a couple of the ones that made me want to jump out of the golf cart, hoot, holler, and completely disrupt play. :) HAHAHA


I am not generally a huge fan of golf, but watching Conner hit the sticks was REALLY exciting.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yay Conner! And look at you having all the lingo down. I don't know what it all meant.. but it sounded really good! Was that someone's house that close to the course in that one shot???

Big Fat Gini said...

Awesome!

Like Jennifer, I have no idea what the hee haw howdy most of that meant, but you know...good job! I figure if he managed to keep it out of the woods/sand/ponds and didn't hit anyone's house, he's doing a lot better than I ever did. And the closest I ever got was playing Putt-Putt (I'll let you do the math there).