There was a lot of riff-raff to scan through. A few sections of interest. And THEN I got to the real meat of the newsletter - the "Dress Code for Special Events". The Homecoming dance is this weekend, and since it's been a few years since I was in high school myself, I thought it wouldn't hurt to give it a quick glance. I mean, really, how much different could things be?
The following were some of the high points:
- Camisole backs (lace-up) are okay.
- Boys must wear standard formal wear, which includes dark business suits and appropriate footwear.
- No flip flops, tennis shoes, or athletic shoes will be allowed.
- Proper and formal grooming is expected. No unusual hairdos or hair color.
- Tattoos must be covered.
- No rave party accessories, such as flow sticks, are allowed.
- No costumes allowed.
- Underwear must be worn.
What the ****?!? The scariest part is that someone's child, uh-hum "young adult", actually went commando, or sans other normally necessary unmentionables for this item to even BE on the radar. Ugh.
Can I interest you in a lesson on STD's? Anyone... Anyone...